Blackfish is Recruiting
Bookkeeper & Office Administrator
Blackfish Engineering Design Limited is a Bristol-based engineering consultancy specialising in marine renewables. Established in 2016, our recent success has opened an opportunity for a part-time bookkeeper and office administrator to join our growing team.
Based in our Central Bristol office, just off Park Street, the role requires an enthusiastic candidate with experience in bookkeeping and administration. This is a new role in a growing company and there will be scope for further opportunities or development within the role.
We are looking for a candidate who can integrate well into our small team, with the flexibility and ambition to adapt with the role and help us to develop our business. If you feel you can offer more than the minimum requirement below, particularly if you have experience or knowledge in the fields of HR, business development, financial management, or marketing, this would be a strong advantage.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the directors and wider team.
- Bookkeeping using Xero.
- Preparing VAT returns.
- Processing employee payroll.
- Preparing financial reports from Xero for Directors
- Raising and tracking invoices and purchase orders.
- Processing payments and expenses
- Customer service - Handling client and supplier telephone queries, screening calls as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- You will be competent using Xero accounting software and Microsoft Office software.
- You will be able to multi-task and have a good attention to detail.
- You will have experience of working in an office-based environment and excellent spoken and written English.
- You will be conscientious, reliable, and punctual.
Job Type: Part-time (estimate 15hrs per week) – flexible hours but minimum of 3 days
Job location: Office-based (Central Bristol) with flexible remote working possible and likely working from home initially due to COVID-19.
Salary: Competitive, depending upon experience