- Chartered design engineer with 20 years combined experience working in the Aerospace, Renewables and Rail Automation sectors.
- Extensive experience of whole design process (requirements capture, concept design, detailed design, design-make).
- Extensive use of design process tools such as brainstorming, FMEA, statistical analysis, robust design, system engineering, risk analysis and management, design for manufacture/assembly/maintenance.
- Broad experience of manufacturing methods, design-make process, supplier management.
- Experience of process improvement tools (greenbelt).
- Proficient user of multiple CAD packages, and common software tools.
- APM Qualified.
- Siemens Rail Automation – Senior R&D Engineer (Surelock point drive and Trainstop devices)
- Alstom Ocean Energy – Design Technical Lead (1.4MW DG4.1 Tidal Turbine, Hub and Pitch System)
- Rolls-Royce Aerospace – Lead Design Engineer, Compressors (F136 Rotor Blisk Assembly, Trent XWB Mk2 hollow fan blade, BR700NG LP Compressor)
The Blackfish Engineering Team
Systems engineering and project management expertise
Numerical modelling and data analysis expertise
Design engineering and project management expertise
Finite element analysis and innovative design expertise