- Mechanical design engineer with a over 10 years of experience primarily working across wind, wave and tidal energy sectors, plus involvement with structural, machine and consumer product design.
- Detailed knowledge of machining, fabrication and rapid prototyping methods with extensive experience in end to end design from concept through manufacture and testing.
- Nick is fluent across a number of CAD packages including writing add-ins for software to enable mass, buoyancy and trim analyses.
- Seconded to a client's site to provide engineering support to manufacture, assembly and testing of a wave energy device.
- Trained in operation of mills / lathes and CNC programming.
- Wave energy converter powertrain design, analysis, assembly and testing at full scale.
- UAV design for additive manufacture and production of a prototype.
- Tooling design for 1MW tidal turbine deployment and maintenance activities.
- CFD design optimisation of Archimedes screw turbine.
- Wave energy test rig design.
- Concept, design, manufacture, installation and testing of vertical axis wind turbine.
The Blackfish Engineering Team
Systems engineering and project management expertise
Numerical modelling and data analysis expertise
Design engineering and project management expertise
Finite element analysis and innovative design expertise